By the Yellow Lines (Sonnet)

Photo by Osman Rana on Unsplash
Mechanic blasts of warmth, the wind it whines
with heavy handed gusts from platform three.
I dare to step over the yellow lines,
To draw the more attention back to me.
Sat slumped atop a polyester case
that’s rain soaked and empty. Nails bitten red,
someone should recognise this broken face
as the guilty one that fled.
The train it comes and empties out the crowd,
and I am left with spotlight to my crime.
A year of running, stitching my own shroud,
this criminal deserves to do his time

See me, call them, then please lock me away,
For I am tired of acting as the prey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon A Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber: Book Review

The Seven Basic Plots

Why You Should Swap Goodreads for The StoryGraph